Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Penang Free WiFi

Long Live Penang (which I am proud to say my state of manufacture) for free internet!

Here I am standed alone working outstation, and this time I did not bring the DiGi access. I am already logged into the StarBucks station in Queensbay when I suddenly remembered the state has pushed for island wide coverage, so I feel curious to try it out.

To note I could not get detect this on Penang Rd at the hotel I am staying at so I assume it is still on hotspot basis.

The free station can be easily found by the laptop:

freewifi

Upon connection and opening the browser I am presented with a 20 second flash presentation

penangwifi1

Afterwhich I am prompted to login or register

Capture

After a brief registration I am presented to a list of charity so they will contribute something to them on our behalf or so the screen said. And hey presto, I am able to post this entry! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment